Years of Schooling: 4 years
Professional Category: Hydraulic Engineering
I. Educational Objectives
The program is aimed at training engineers with expertise in Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering. Graduates are expected to be capable of planning, survey, design, construction, and management work in ports, waterways and coastal engineering, hydraulic engineering, and civil engineering.
II. Education Requirements
Upon graduation, students are supposed to acquire knowledge and abilities listed as follows:
1. A systematic and solid theoretical foundation of mathematics, mechanics, engineering structures, etc. and basic technical knowledge of ports, waterways and coastal engineering, a fair understanding of management, project planning, technical economics and humanities and information about the new trends of the discipline;
2. Competence in mapping, computation, experiment, comprehensive analysis and report writing as required by surveying, planning, design, and construction work, strong computer and information processing skills and good research and management skills;
3. Fluency in English and ability to read disciplinary literature;
4. Familiarity with national regulations on hydro engineering and coastal engineering planning and design, construction and management, etc.;
5. Rigorous and realistic scientific attitude, strong self-learning ability and sense of innovation.
III. Length of Schooling, Academic Credits, Degrees Conferred
Length of Schooling: 4 years
Academic Credits Required: 159 credits
Degrees Conferred: Bachelor of Engineering
IV. Curriculum and Credit Distribution
1. General Education Courses (54 credits)
Requirements: 44 credits for compulsory courses;10 credits for elective courses
2.Basic Disciplinary Courses (41 credits)
Requirements: the total of 41 credits for basic courses in the discipline.
3. Specialty-Oriented Courses(55 credits)
Requirements: 41 credits for compulsory specialty-oriented courses; 14 credits for elective specialty-oriented courses.
4. Optional Courses(6 credits)
Requirements: 6 credits.
5. Second Class(Extracurricular Activities)(3 credits)
Requirements: 3 credits